Former World Cup and current Major League Soccer star Bastian Schweinsteiger explains how a strong commitment to youth development programs enabled Germany to reclaim its place as a soccer superpower
Former World Cup and current Major League Soccer star Bastian Schweinsteiger says Germany’s willingness to overhaul its development program nearly 20 years ago helped his country win the 2014 World Cup and reclaim its place as a soccer superpower.
In an interview from Russia, “PodcastOne Sports Now” co-host Jim Litke tries to convince the Chicago Fire midfielder to let his young son grow up in the States and play for U.S. national team someday.
Co-host Tim Dahlberg tracks Tiger Woods on the other side of the Atlantic, then asks Associated Press golf writer Doug Ferguson the pressing question at the U.S. Open: What’s up with Tiger?
Also on the show: AP’s Chris Lehourites joins Litke for a recap/preview of World Cup action and soccer writer Rob Harris explains why tiny Iceland is a fan favorite. On the menu: Who’s got time to eat?
Most Read Sports Stories
- Here's where Mariners sit in national media's latest MLB power rankings
- Sam Haggerty starts the chaos on the bases as Mariners score four in ninth to beat Angels
- Mariners go wild again in 9th, stun Angels
- Scott Servais reflects on becoming only second Mariners manager to reach 500 wins
- Ten UW Huskies who have improved their stock most in preseason camp