The College Football Playoff rankings are out, heading into the biggest weekend of the season so far.
On the latest AP Top 25 College Football Podcast , Dennis Dodd, national college football writer for CBS Sports, joins Ralph Russo to breakdown where the playoff race is headed. What teams control their paths to the CFP semifinals and which ones have less room for error? Why would the Big Ten be better off if Michigan wins out than Ohio State? Can Washington State work the Pac-12 back into the mix? And does Central Florida have any shot to even get into the selection committee’s conversation?
Also, Gary Danielson of CBS joins the show. He will be on the call Saturday night for Alabama at LSU. How can the Tigers pull the upset?
Most Read Sports Stories
- Here's why Baseball Hall of Fame voters got it right with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens
- Where things stand with the Seahawks' defensive coordinator opening as NFL teams make hires
- 'Dawgs helping Dawgs': How a fellow UW football alum helped former QB Cody Pickett avoid open-heart surgery
- Mariners position overview: Could Seattle have something special brewing with its starting pitching?
- Seahawks position review: RB Rashaad Penny's late-season emergence may make re-signing him that much more difficult
Follow Ralph D. Russo at https://twitter.com/ralphDrussoAP and listen at https://www.podcastone.com/AP-Top-25-College-Football-Podcast
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25