A person with knowledge of the situation says the Washington Wizards have renounced the rights to free agent Bojan Bogdanovic so he could agree to a two-year, $21 million deal with the Pacers.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because it had not yet been announced.
Just hours before the deal was reached, Pacers president of basketball operations Kevin Pritchard hinted that a major signing could occur before the end of the weekend.
Bogdanovic is considered one of Europe’s top shooters.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners brawl with Angels after being thrown at twice; eight ejected
- Angels deserve most of the blame for brawl with Mariners
- Mariners beat Angels again, run winning streak to season-high five games
- What it means for UW men's basketball that Seattle's three NBA first-rounders played elsewhere
- Offensive tackle Elishah Jackett and defensive lineman Sua Lefotu join long line of new UW football commits
He could contribute immediately now after four-time All-Star Paul George was traded from Indiana to Oklahoma City.
More AP NBA: www.apnews.com/tag/NBAbasketball