CHICAGO (AP) — Ty-Shon Alexander had 16 points to lead five Creighton players in double figures as the Bluejays defeated DePaul 79-67 on Wednesday night. Martin Krampelj added 14 points for the Bluejays. Davion Mintz chipped in 12, Marcus Zegarowski scored 11 and Connor Cashaw had 10.
Max Strus had 18 points and eight rebounds for the Blue Demons (13-12, 5-9 Big East Conference). Eli Cain added 14 points. Flynn Cameron had 11 points.
Both teams face Georgetown the next time they take the floor. Creighton (14-13, 5-9) heads home for its matchup against the Hoyas on Saturday, while DePaul visits Georgetown on Wednesday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Here's why Baseball Hall of Fame voters got it right with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens
- Where things stand with the Seahawks' defensive coordinator opening as NFL teams make hires
- 'Dawgs helping Dawgs': How a fellow UW football alum helped former QB Cody Pickett avoid open-heart surgery
- Mariners position overview: Could Seattle have something special brewing with its starting pitching?
- Seahawks position review: RB Rashaad Penny's late-season emergence may make re-signing him that much more difficult
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com