LIVERPOOL, England (AP) — Liverpool and England defender Trent Alexander-Arnold has signed a new long-term contract with the Premier League leaders.
The deal ties Alexander-Arnold to Liverpool until 2024, according to media reports, reflecting the progress the 20-year-old has made since his last contract in 2017.
“There was no doubt in my mind to sign and extend the years I have with the club,” Alexander-Arnold told the club’s website. “Hopefully we can achieve a lot of success in those years.”
Alexander-Arnold has established himself as Liverpool’s first-choice right-back since making his debut in 2016 and played for England at the World Cup last year.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners' magic number gets lower despite their struggles continuing vs. Rangers
- Notebook: UW adds another DeBoer, Drone Gate rages on, and are secondary reinforcements coming?
- Why both Geno Smith and Russell Wilson have given Seahawks fans solace
- What's going on with Seahawks defensive end Darrell Taylor?
- These former UW classmates will improbably reunite on the field as competitors and Pac-12 sack leaders
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports