They have spent from $10,000 to $30,000 turning a couple of ambulances and one bookmobile into tricked-out UW, WSU and Seahawks fanmobiles. They don’t have a deep philosophical explanation. They’re fans, you know?
Apple Cup 2017
- What to watch for when the Cougars and Huskies face off in the 110th Apple Cup WATCH
- Former WSU receiver Gabe Marks says he’s no longer pursuing the NFL
- These are Luke Falk and Jake Browning's best moments
- UW men’s basketball skirts Seattle U to hold on for 89-84 win VIEW
- WSU basketball improves to 5-0 with 84-79 win over No. 21 Saint Mary’s
- Now that he’s clawed his way back to the NFL, Seahawk Dion Jordan vows to stay around a while
- What the Seahawks have to do to beat the 49ers on Sunday
- Michael Carter III out 6-8 weeks for UW men’s basketball
Top Sports Stories
Washington and Washington State are set to clash in the 110th Apple Cup on Saturday (5 p.m. / FOX). We take a look at who's got the advantage from the quarterbacks to the coaches. WATCH
It’s the first time two Seattle Public Schools have played for a spot in a state title game. Three of the four semifinal spots are from Seattle as O’Dea faces Bellevue.
Bruce Feldman, of FOX Sports and Sports Illustrated, will be in attendance for his first Apple Cup on Saturday night at Husky Stadium, and he helps break down the matchup. Also: Mike Leach's future in Pullman and Chip Kelly's potential return to the Pac-12.
The quarterback from Bremerton had to get a three-day pass from the Army in order to play in the 1952 game. He broke his own national passing record against the Cougars. WATCH
Washington State student and rabid Cougars fan Ben Cushing died Oct. 2 after battling a rare form of lymphoma. Beyond the story of a young man’s courage in battling “the rarest of the rarest” form of cancer, the ordeal transcends the Apple Cup rivalry so prevalent this week.
Tom Olson said he has had season tickets for 50-plus years, “and this is the first year that I’ve just left before the end of games.’’
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says ‘clarity’ coming soon to the status of injured safety Kam Chancellor
- Four quarter of free beer sure cushions a shutout | Sideline Chatter | Dwight Perry
- Can the return of Luke Joeckel help juice up the Seahawks’ running game? WATCH
- Take a look at 3 fanmobiles, where Huskies, Cougars have poured their hearts — and cash WATCH
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- 2 shot at Capitol Hill nightclub in Seattle
- 'I just can’t take these night games': Husky football fans tired of late games, with little notice
- Before losing cancer battle, Ben Cushing inspired Cougars, Huskies to band together
- General manager Jerry Dipoto on Mariners’ quest for Shohei Ohtani: ‘We’re bringing the ‘A’ game’
- Report: Mariners interested in free agent outfielder Jon Jay
- The Baseball Hall of Fame releases its official 2018 ballot
- Mariners release their 2018 Cactus League schedule and spring training report dates
High Schools Sports Photos & Video
- Tim Leiweke wants to renovate KeyArena. This is how he plans to do it VIEW
- Semaj Booker made headlines at age 9 for running away. He hasn't stopped running since.
- Meet Mariners closer Edwin Diaz and his blazing 100-mph fastball
- How Rainier Beach raised $42K to save its baseball team and bought pride along with new jerseys VIEW
- What happened to Seahawks’ Mike Frier? A story of a big man and a bigger loss