SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Pierre Garcon will become a free agent after the San Francisco 49ers declined his contract option.
The team officially cut ties with Garcon on Thursday after paying him nearly $23 million out of the five-year, $47.5 million deal he signed in 2017.
The 32-year-old Garcon caught 64 passes for 786 yards and one touchdown in 16 games over two injury-plagued seasons with San Francisco.
San Francisco did exercise contract options for 2019 on fullback Kyle Juszczyk, defensive lineman Cassius Marsh, linebacker Dekoda Watson and cornerback K’Waun Williams.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks 53-man roster projection: Seattle will have plenty of tough decisions come fall | Analysis
- True Mariner faithfuls should be hoping even more veterans will suddenly vanish | Matt Calkins
- Mariners mailbag: Could Seattle set a record-low attendance mark this week?
- Seahawks mailbag: What's up with Bobby Wagner's contract? Who will make the cut on the O-line?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The 49ers also tendered one-year contracts to restricted free agent running back Raheem Mostert and exclusive rights free agent linebacker Elijah Lee and defensive back Greg Mabin.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP_NFL