MADRID (AP) — The 2020 Spanish Vuelta will start with three stages in the Netherlands.
Organizers say the race’s 75th edition will begin with stages in the provinces of Utrecht and North Brabant, with riders going through 34 Dutch municipalities in three days.
More than 400 kilometers (248 miles) of the Grand Tour event will be in Dutch territory before the riders return to Spain.
The 2009 edition of the Vuelta also started in the Netherlands.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Gonzaga legend and Basketball Hall of Famer John Stockton draws ire for anti-vaccine comments
- Michigan defensive line twins Armon, Jayvon Parker announce dual commitments to UW Huskies
- Seahawks position review: Russell Wilson is still the Seahawks quarterback for now. But who will be behind him?
- Zion Tupuola-Fetui announces he'll return to UW for fifth season in 2022: 'Let's go to work'
- Here's how the overtime NFL playoff game between the Chiefs and Bills could have been even better
The announcement was made Wednesday in the Dutch town of Breda.
This year’s race will have stages going through France and Andorra.
British rider Simon Yates is the defending Spanish Vuelta champion.
More AP sports: https://apnews.com/tag/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports