The Associated Press:
YAKIMA — A nurse at the Yakima County Jail is now an inmate after her arrest in a marijuana investigation.
The jail director says Michelle Warnick was arrested Friday when she arrived for work.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports sheriff’s detectives and Drug Enforcement Administration agents raided her Yakima home Friday and arrested her boyfriend, Bradley Marvin, and seized 117 marijuana plants. Warnick and Marvin appeared before a federal magistrate and were ordered held without bail for another hearing Wednesday.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
Court documents say Warnick is a medical marijuana provider and Marvin is a patient.
The nurse came to the attention of investigators after her 9-year-old daughter was taken to an emergency room after unknowingly eating a marijuana brownie and feeling dizzy.