Police say a Yakima convenience store wasn't intimidated by a man who walked in with a gun and tried to take cash out of the register.
Police say a Yakima convenience store wasn’t intimidated by a man who walked in with a gun and tried to take cash out of the register.
She thought the gun looked like a toy, and it didn’t sound or smell like a real shot when he fired into the ceiling.
So, she tackled the man Thursday night and fought him out the door of the 8th Street Market.
Yakima police say the man got away, but he didn’t get anything.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
- Wild weather plus terrible Seattle drivers: Stay safe in fall's first big rainstorm
The clerk was treated for cuts and scrapes to her head.