A motorist says he was driving on Interstate 5 south of Seattle when he saw the message "U Suck" on an overhead sign.
The Washington State Department of Transportation has apologized for an “inappropriate message” that appeared on one of its traffic signs.
Motorist Ruslan Kozlov tells KCPQ-TV he was driving on Interstate 5 south near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Tuesday afternoon when he spotted the message “U Suck” on an overhead sign.
WSDOT said it was “clearly a mistake” that was caused by a “training error.” The agency says it’s taking steps so it doesn’t happen again.
Most Read Local Stories
- 114,000 more people: Seattle now decade's fastest-growing big city in all of U.S. | FYI Guy
- Three finalists named for Seattle police chief job
- Martin Pang, who set fire that led to deaths of 4 Seattle firefighters, to leave prison as early as September
- Sinkhole closes lane on Highway 2; WSDOT reveals best, worst travel times for Memorial Day weekend
- Out of homelessness, into a hovel: Public money spent on Seattle houses with bugs, trash, no water