A motorist says he was driving on Interstate 5 south of Seattle when he saw the message "U Suck" on an overhead sign.
The Washington State Department of Transportation has apologized for an “inappropriate message” that appeared on one of its traffic signs.
Motorist Ruslan Kozlov tells KCPQ-TV he was driving on Interstate 5 south near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Tuesday afternoon when he spotted the message “U Suck” on an overhead sign.
WSDOT said it was “clearly a mistake” that was caused by a “training error.” The agency says it’s taking steps so it doesn’t happen again.
Most Read Local Stories
- Daylight saving time: Washington state moving toward an end to the clock change
- 'Shark Tank' star Robert Herjavec owes a debt of gratitude to a homeless shelter in Seattle VIEW
- If you rely on a bus through downtown, prepare for big changes
- Tim Eyman, accused of stealing office chair, films himself bringing it back WATCH
- Alaska and United are cleared for departure out of Everett's Paine Field in March