A motorist says he was driving on Interstate 5 south of Seattle when he saw the message "U Suck" on an overhead sign.
The Washington State Department of Transportation has apologized for an “inappropriate message” that appeared on one of its traffic signs.
Motorist Ruslan Kozlov tells KCPQ-TV he was driving on Interstate 5 south near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Tuesday afternoon when he spotted the message “U Suck” on an overhead sign.
WSDOT said it was “clearly a mistake” that was caused by a “training error.” The agency says it’s taking steps so it doesn’t happen again.
Most Read Local Stories
- Mike Lull, the boss of bass guitars for bands like Heart, Cheap Trick and Pearl Jam, dies at 66
- The Seattle area has gotten even more liberal — here's why
- A police officer’s lie, a Seattle man’s suicide: Family and friends learn what really happened WATCH
- Trail runner with broken leg rescued after crawling 10 hours in remote area of Olympic Peninsula
- Customers say goodbye and thanks to Macy's in downtown Seattle VIEW