A motorist says he was driving on Interstate 5 south of Seattle when he saw the message "U Suck" on an overhead sign.
The Washington State Department of Transportation has apologized for an “inappropriate message” that appeared on one of its traffic signs.
Motorist Ruslan Kozlov tells KCPQ-TV he was driving on Interstate 5 south near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Tuesday afternoon when he spotted the message “U Suck” on an overhead sign.
WSDOT said it was “clearly a mistake” that was caused by a “training error.” The agency says it’s taking steps so it doesn’t happen again.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘Deadliest Catch’ co-star Edgar Hansen pleads guilty to sexually assaulting teen girl
- Arrest of alleged Russian agent Maria Butina puts spotlight on Bellevue's Second Amendment Foundation
- Is the GOP a party, or a cult? | Danny Westneat
- Ballard's homelessness quadrupled last year, and anger is spilling over
- Seattle cops hit the streets for lip-sync challenge WATCH