A motorist says he was driving on Interstate 5 south of Seattle when he saw the message "U Suck" on an overhead sign.
The Washington State Department of Transportation has apologized for an “inappropriate message” that appeared on one of its traffic signs.
Motorist Ruslan Kozlov tells KCPQ-TV he was driving on Interstate 5 south near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Tuesday afternoon when he spotted the message “U Suck” on an overhead sign.
WSDOT said it was “clearly a mistake” that was caused by a “training error.” The agency says it’s taking steps so it doesn’t happen again.
Most Read Local Stories
- Supersoaker weather drama ahead for Seattle area
- 2 dead in White Center shooting, and father of man killed near CHOP is among the injured
- A man is caught stealing 32 pieces of wood in Shoreline. As lumber prices increase, theft may follow
- Washington vaccine lottery winner says he got lucky — first, by not getting COVID-19 and then by winning $250,000
- Coronavirus daily news updates, June 11: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world