A motorist says he was driving on Interstate 5 south of Seattle when he saw the message "U Suck" on an overhead sign.
The Washington State Department of Transportation has apologized for an “inappropriate message” that appeared on one of its traffic signs.
Motorist Ruslan Kozlov tells KCPQ-TV he was driving on Interstate 5 south near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Tuesday afternoon when he spotted the message “U Suck” on an overhead sign.
WSDOT said it was “clearly a mistake” that was caused by a “training error.” The agency says it’s taking steps so it doesn’t happen again.
Most Read Local Stories
- In blue Seattle, Trump supporters are starting to come out of hiding | Danny Westneat
- Leaked emails show Washington state Rep. Matt Shea endorsed training children to fight in holy war
- Weekend maintenance, construction work will impact traffic on I-405, I-90, I-5 and Highway 99
- Critics judge Jay Inslee's artwork: 'Kitschy anthropomorphism' and 'a sense of humor' VIEW
- Judge reverses arbitrator's rule reinstating Seattle police officer who punched handcuffed suspect