A motorist says he was driving on Interstate 5 south of Seattle when he saw the message "U Suck" on an overhead sign.
The Washington State Department of Transportation has apologized for an “inappropriate message” that appeared on one of its traffic signs.
Motorist Ruslan Kozlov tells KCPQ-TV he was driving on Interstate 5 south near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Tuesday afternoon when he spotted the message “U Suck” on an overhead sign.
WSDOT said it was “clearly a mistake” that was caused by a “training error.” The agency says it’s taking steps so it doesn’t happen again.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘The Property’: A family's getaway cabin defined its dreams, until a tragic Sunday morning VIEW
- Helicopter rescues trail horse in Central Washington, but injuries were too severe WATCH
- 'It's a long time coming': $6.2 million wildlife bridge over I-90 nears completion WATCH
- Another southern resident orca is ailing — and at least three whales are pregnant
- Seattle City Council approves $700 million renovation of KeyArena