A motorist says he was driving on Interstate 5 south of Seattle when he saw the message "U Suck" on an overhead sign.
The Washington State Department of Transportation has apologized for an “inappropriate message” that appeared on one of its traffic signs.
Motorist Ruslan Kozlov tells KCPQ-TV he was driving on Interstate 5 south near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Tuesday afternoon when he spotted the message “U Suck” on an overhead sign.
WSDOT said it was “clearly a mistake” that was caused by a “training error.” The agency says it’s taking steps so it doesn’t happen again.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tornado touches down on Kitsap Peninsula, rips roofs off homes WATCH
- Jesuits sent abusive priests to retire on Gonzaga's campus
- Changes to dams on Columbia, Snake rivers to benefit salmon, hydropower and orcas
- Burien dentist's patients should consider getting tested for hepatitis, HIV, health officials say
- Mayor Jenny Durkan chooses Sam Zimbabwe, a D.C. transportation official, as new SDOT director