A motorist says he was driving on Interstate 5 south of Seattle when he saw the message "U Suck" on an overhead sign.
The Washington State Department of Transportation has apologized for an “inappropriate message” that appeared on one of its traffic signs.
Motorist Ruslan Kozlov tells KCPQ-TV he was driving on Interstate 5 south near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Tuesday afternoon when he spotted the message “U Suck” on an overhead sign.
WSDOT said it was “clearly a mistake” that was caused by a “training error.” The agency says it’s taking steps so it doesn’t happen again.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area protests: March during sixth day of action after George Floyd's killing draws massive crowd around City Hall
- Coronavirus daily news updates, June 3: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Don't buy the 'outside agitator' trope: Arrest records suggest Seattle's riot was more likely homegrown
- Coronavirus daily news updates, June 4: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- As complaints pour in about police at Seattle protests, city will withdraw request that could lift federal oversight WATCH