A motorist says he was driving on Interstate 5 south of Seattle when he saw the message "U Suck" on an overhead sign.
The Washington State Department of Transportation has apologized for an “inappropriate message” that appeared on one of its traffic signs.
Motorist Ruslan Kozlov tells KCPQ-TV he was driving on Interstate 5 south near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Tuesday afternoon when he spotted the message “U Suck” on an overhead sign.
WSDOT said it was “clearly a mistake” that was caused by a “training error.” The agency says it’s taking steps so it doesn’t happen again.
Most Read Local Stories
- After dancer strips at Seattle conference on homelessness, agency director suspended
- Extra! Extra! Pike Place Market newsstand to close after 40 years VIEW
- Contractor ordered to pay Washington state $57M over tunnel-boring machine Bertha's big stall
- Where do most die-hard Seattle Seahawks fans live? Not in the city, market data shows. | FYI Guy
- Heavy snow hitting mountain passes. Here's what to know before you go. WATCH