A motorist says he was driving on Interstate 5 south of Seattle when he saw the message "U Suck" on an overhead sign.
The Washington State Department of Transportation has apologized for an “inappropriate message” that appeared on one of its traffic signs.
Motorist Ruslan Kozlov tells KCPQ-TV he was driving on Interstate 5 south near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Tuesday afternoon when he spotted the message “U Suck” on an overhead sign.
WSDOT said it was “clearly a mistake” that was caused by a “training error.” The agency says it’s taking steps so it doesn’t happen again.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle's weather will get colder, but will we get snow? Here's what to expect this week
- Coronavirus daily news updates, January 19: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
- Inslee sets goal of 45,000 COVID-19 vaccinations a day in Washington; everyone 65 and older eligible now
- Gas taxes and fees could reach $1 per gallon under new Washington state transportation proposal
- Washington state's website, PhaseFinder tool falter under crush of interest in COVID-19 vaccinations