A motorist says he was driving on Interstate 5 south of Seattle when he saw the message "U Suck" on an overhead sign.
The Washington State Department of Transportation has apologized for an “inappropriate message” that appeared on one of its traffic signs.
Motorist Ruslan Kozlov tells KCPQ-TV he was driving on Interstate 5 south near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Tuesday afternoon when he spotted the message “U Suck” on an overhead sign.
WSDOT said it was “clearly a mistake” that was caused by a “training error.” The agency says it’s taking steps so it doesn’t happen again.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, August 9: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- 'Substantial' pier shift closes Seattle's Waterfront Park
- Evidence is growing, but what will it take to prove masks slow the spread of COVID-19? VIEW
- Mask myths busted: Yes, they work. No, you won't suffocate. Here's what you should know. WATCH
- 'It's not the Seattle I want to live in': Passion and deep feelings at rally to support police VIEW