A motorist says he was driving on Interstate 5 south of Seattle when he saw the message "U Suck" on an overhead sign.
The Washington State Department of Transportation has apologized for an “inappropriate message” that appeared on one of its traffic signs.
Motorist Ruslan Kozlov tells KCPQ-TV he was driving on Interstate 5 south near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Tuesday afternoon when he spotted the message “U Suck” on an overhead sign.
WSDOT said it was “clearly a mistake” that was caused by a “training error.” The agency says it’s taking steps so it doesn’t happen again.
Most Read Local Stories
- Behind a zoo built for animal actors, decades of concern and violations at Olympic Game Farm VIEW
- Discontent over Washington gun laws leads group to talk of 'citizen's arrest' of Bob Ferguson
- Parking spots for the homeless in Seattle, finally. But at a thousand bucks a month? | Danny Westneat
- For Seattle's park concierges, 'negative behavior,' giving directions and staying safe all part of the job VIEW
- 6,000 pounds of dog poop a day: Kirkland locked in dirty war