A motorist says he was driving on Interstate 5 south of Seattle when he saw the message "U Suck" on an overhead sign.
The Washington State Department of Transportation has apologized for an “inappropriate message” that appeared on one of its traffic signs.
Motorist Ruslan Kozlov tells KCPQ-TV he was driving on Interstate 5 south near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Tuesday afternoon when he spotted the message “U Suck” on an overhead sign.
WSDOT said it was “clearly a mistake” that was caused by a “training error.” The agency says it’s taking steps so it doesn’t happen again.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Atmospheric river' of rain is on its way to Seattle area, but dry weekend ahead
- Seattle motel owner facing obstacles in attempt to evict squatters from crime 'hot spot'
- Dori Monson wanted to coach Shorewood High girls basketball. His tweets did him in
- Fallen tree killed Bellevue mother, son during weekend windstorm in a 'collision of inches'
- Workplace complaints surfaced before Washington Parks director abruptly resigned