The 22-year-old woman who died in a crash Wednesday while driving the wrong way on Highway 520 in Bellevue has been identified as Jillian Gordon, according to the King County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Gordon was headed in the correct direction but with her lights off at about 4 a.m. when she was rear-ended by a garbage truck. The impact spun her vehicle 180 degrees, according to the Washington State Patrol. She then set off in the wrong direction — east in a westbound lane.
Moments later she was killed when her car slammed head-on into a dump truck, according to the State Patrol.
Traffic was closed for hours Wednesday morning as officials investigated.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- One killed in North Seattle shooting