Seattle police say two would-be metal thieves were arrested early this morning after they were caught in the act.
A security guard spotted the two men at around 2:13 a.m. as they were piling metal near a fence at a steel company in the 4500 block of Colorado Avenue South. Officers were summoned and stopped the men as they tried to flee.
The men, ages 43 and 61, were booked into King County Jail for investigation of burglary.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappeared during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends, now found alive