We suspect he couldn’t spell “orthography” either.
Seattle police are looking for a man who walked into a Beacon Hill bank Monday afternoon, handed a teller a demand note declaring “this is a robary” and then promptly left empty-handed.
For some reason, the spelling-challenged would-be robber was carrying a Santa hat.
The incident happened around 3:30 p.m. at the Bank of America branch on Beacon Avenue South and South Bayview Street, police said. Officers aren’t sure why he left without taking any money, but once he did he made his getaway on a Metro bus.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
- For older adults, isolation can lead to overwhelming loneliness
When the man got off the bus, he was “kind enough to leave his Santa hat behind for detectives,” police said.
If you recognize the man in this surveillance photo — chances are he won’t be playing Scrabble — please contact the SPD’s robbery unit at 206-684-5535.