A 45-year-old Woodinville woman was found dead Thursday morning inside the cab of a pickup truck submerged in the water near the Mukilteo ferry dock, according to the Mukilteo Police Department.
The captain of the state ferry Kittitas spoted the top of the truck Thursday at about 6:30 a.m., police said. Divers with the Snohomish County Sheriff’s office discovered the body.
A security video, recovered by the Washington State Patrol, showed that the vehicle, a 2000 Dodge Durango, speeded down the Mukilteo Speedway, drove past the ferry, maneuvered around a barrier crossing arm, and drove straight into the water.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
The woman’s name will be released after her family has been notified, police said. The cause of death has not yet been released. The investigation is continuing.