A woman's body was found in the Columbia River Friday morning in Vancouver near the Interstate 205 bridge and authorities are trying to determine if a second person is missing.
A woman’s body was found in the Columbia River Friday morning in Vancouver near the Interstate 205 bridge and authorities are trying to determine if a second person is missing.
The Columbian (http://bit.ly/Ur84Hq) reports the woman, who was in her 50s, was wearing outdoor clothing and a flotation device. Search crews also found an empty kayak on the eastern tip of Government Island. Authorities say it appeared the kayak possibly had two passengers.
But a second person was not found Friday after a search of the area.
Fire Department Capt. Scott Willis says the body was spotted by a state Fish and Wildlife crew on a river patrol.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
The woman had been dead for about 48 hours and had no identification.
Information from: The Columbian, http://www.columbian.com