A GoFundMe page has been created for Adriana Brown, 36, who died after she was struck by a pickup while walking in a crosswalk at Lenora Street and Western Avenue, police said.
A 36-year-old woman was killed when she was struck by a pickup early Tuesday in Seattle’s Belltown neighborhood.
Adriana Brown suffered multiple blunt-force injuries and died later Tuesday at Harborview Medical Center, according to the King County Medical Examiner’s Office and Seattle police. Her death was ruled an accident.
Just before 6 a.m. Tuesday, Brown was in a marked crosswalk, walking east on Lenora Street across Western Avenue, when she was hit by a pickup as the driver turned left from Lenora onto Western, said Seattle police spokesman Mark Jamieson.
“She had significant injuries and died later that day,” Jamieson said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington state primary election: How the day unfolded, plus results of key races VIEW
- Coronavirus daily news updates, August 4: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- After protests near her home, Seattle police chief asks City Council to intervene; activists say neighbors pointed guns at them
- COVID-19 positivity rates drop in King County, but hot spots to south still burn brightly
- Gov. Jay Inslee leads primary election results in race for Washington state governor, Loren Culp leads Republicans VIEW
The driver, a 55-year-old man, remained at the scene and showed no signs of impairment, according to Jamieson.
The Seattle Police Department’s Traffic Collision Investigation Squad is investigating and will send its report to King County prosecutors, who will review the case and decide whether criminal charges are warranted.
A GoFundMe page created Wednesday to help Brown’s family with medical and funeral expenses and set up college funds for her two young daughters has raised more than $75,000.