A woman was shot and seriously wounded early Sunday morning near Pioneer Square, Seattle police said.
Shortly after 2 a.m. police heard shots in near Second Avenue and Yesler Way. They investigated and found a woman lying on the sidewalk with a gunshot wound to her neck.
Police and paramedics performed CPR on the woman, who was taken to Harborview Medical Center with what were described as life-threatening injuries. Her condition wasn’t available later Sunday.
Seattle police are continuing to investigate the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call the homicide tip line at 206-233-5000.
Most Read Local Stories
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- More fallout from how we're defunding Seattle police backward, this time in Pioneer Square
- Housing group levels empty Seattle motel, where homeless people slept, for tiny village
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 15: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- With 3 pregnant J pod orcas, boaters told to keep away