[google-map-sc height=”300″ zoom=”11″]
A 25-year-old woman was transported Thursday night to Harborview Medical Center in critical condition with life-threatening injuries after being shot in the head in an incident near Tukwila International Boulevard and South 116th Street, said Mike Murphy, spokesman for Tukwila Police.
He said the woman then was driven by a man in a vehicle that headed north on I-5 in search of a hospital.
Murphy said details were sketchy and it wasn’t clear whether the vehicle then stopped on I-5 near the South Dearborn Street exit because the driver was trying to figure out where there was a hospital, or because he was pulled over by police, perhaps for speeding.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration
At that point, Seattle Fire Department medics arrived and took the woman to Harborview Medical Center.
Murphy said it also wasn’t clear where the shooting took place.
Murphy said the driver who was was taking the victim to the hospital placed the shooting at near South 116th Street in Tukwila. KING-TV reported there were several bullet holes in the vehicle.
Murphy said Tukwila Police are in the early stages of the investigation and looking for witnesses.
A call to Harborview Medical Center seeking the woman’s condition was not returned.