Seattle Fire Department medics declared the driver dead at the scene of the crash.
Seattle police are investigating an early-morning car crash in North Queen Anne that killed a woman.
A passerby called 911 at 1 a.m. Monday and reported that a car had crashed into a guardrail at 15th Avenue West and West Emerson Street, according to an item posted on the Seattle Police Department’s online blotter. Officers found an unconscious woman trapped inside a Toyota Matrix.
Seattle Fire Department medics declared her dead at the scene, the post says.
Investigators are working to determine what led up to the crash. Detectives are asking witnesses to call 206-684-8923.
Most Read Local Stories
- U.S. officials drill out locks at former Russian consul residence in Seattle's Madison Park VIEW
- Flight attendant sues SkyWest Airlines over alleged drugging, rape by captain during layover
- The sirens are sounding on homelessness. Just not here. | Danny Westneat
- Roommate arrested in stabbing death of Wallingford woman
- It's happening: Seattle makes history for record-breaking warmth VIEW