Seattle Fire Department medics declared the driver dead at the scene of the crash.
Seattle police are investigating an early-morning car crash in North Queen Anne that killed a woman.
A passerby called 911 at 1 a.m. Monday and reported that a car had crashed into a guardrail at 15th Avenue West and West Emerson Street, according to an item posted on the Seattle Police Department’s online blotter. Officers found an unconscious woman trapped inside a Toyota Matrix.
Seattle Fire Department medics declared her dead at the scene, the post says.
Investigators are working to determine what led up to the crash. Detectives are asking witnesses to call 206-684-8923.
Most Read Local Stories
- Smoky air returns to Seattle through at least Wednesday
- He was a jokester who complained about his job, but friends still baffled by thief's airplane heist
- 'Very high threat' Snohomish County volcano may get new monitoring stations
- Seattle City Light sent this couple a $2K bill; they just happen to be former employees
- Dosed salmon, clipped fins, a ‘dinner bell’: How far is too far in helping starving orca?