Seattle Fire Department medics declared the driver dead at the scene of the crash.
Seattle police are investigating an early-morning car crash in North Queen Anne that killed a woman.
A passerby called 911 at 1 a.m. Monday and reported that a car had crashed into a guardrail at 15th Avenue West and West Emerson Street, according to an item posted on the Seattle Police Department’s online blotter. Officers found an unconscious woman trapped inside a Toyota Matrix.
Seattle Fire Department medics declared her dead at the scene, the post says.
Investigators are working to determine what led up to the crash. Detectives are asking witnesses to call 206-684-8923.
Most Read Local Stories
- Map: Kim Schrier won big in King County suburbs, even in Dino Rossi's neighborhood
- Washington State Patrol detective violated woman's rights with ruse, hidden cameras, court rules
- Hate crimes skyrocket across the nation, almost double in Seattle over the past year
- Fire at Gascoigne Lumber on North Queen Anne was arson, Seattle fire officials say
- Uber and Lyft drop data fight with Seattle, and start another over Sea-Tac Airport data