A 55-year-old woman was killed Saturday night while crossing train tracks in Kent, the Kent Police Department said.
Witnesses said the woman was walking across the tracks near James Street in downtown Kent when she appeared to fall on the tracks, police said in a prepared statement. She was attempting to get back up when she was hit by the train, witnesses told police.
She was hit by a Burlington Northern freight train at around 7:20 p.m. Saturday, police said.
Police said they were working to determine the sequence of events that led to the woman’s death.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- How Puget Sound-area school districts will make up days lost to historic snowfall
- Surprise! If you get a call from this man, it’s no scam. The state really has money for you.
- Amazon puts the smile in federal income taxes — by not paying any | Danny Westneat
- Washington handles runaway foster kids with handcuffs, shackles and jail. Is there a better way?