A 55-year-old woman was killed Saturday night while crossing train tracks in Kent, the Kent Police Department said.
Witnesses said the woman was walking across the tracks near James Street in downtown Kent when she appeared to fall on the tracks, police said in a prepared statement. She was attempting to get back up when she was hit by the train, witnesses told police.
She was hit by a Burlington Northern freight train at around 7:20 p.m. Saturday, police said.
Police said they were working to determine the sequence of events that led to the woman’s death.
Most Read Local Stories
- Highway 520 bridge to reopen after closure in both directions due to police activity
- State Patrol crackdown on HOV violators snares more than 1,700 drivers in Puget Sound area
- GOP leaders call for state Rep. Matt Manweller to resign after latest sexual misconduct allegation
- South King County gang war led to fatal shooting of 'poor, innocent lady' in Burien office
- San Francisco is cracking down on tent camps. Will Seattle do the same? VIEW