A 55-year-old woman was killed Saturday night while crossing train tracks in Kent, the Kent Police Department said.
Witnesses said the woman was walking across the tracks near James Street in downtown Kent when she appeared to fall on the tracks, police said in a prepared statement. She was attempting to get back up when she was hit by the train, witnesses told police.
She was hit by a Burlington Northern freight train at around 7:20 p.m. Saturday, police said.
Police said they were working to determine the sequence of events that led to the woman’s death.
Most Read Local Stories
- If you rely on a bus through downtown, prepare for big changes
- Tim Eyman, accused of stealing office chair, films himself bringing it back WATCH
- Alaska and United are cleared for departure out of Everett's Paine Field in March
- Cost of Washington's measles outbreak tops $1 million; expected to climb higher
- UW Medicine mistakenly exposed information on nearly 1 million patients