A 55-year-old woman was killed Saturday night while crossing train tracks in Kent, the Kent Police Department said.
Witnesses said the woman was walking across the tracks near James Street in downtown Kent when she appeared to fall on the tracks, police said in a prepared statement. She was attempting to get back up when she was hit by the train, witnesses told police.
She was hit by a Burlington Northern freight train at around 7:20 p.m. Saturday, police said.
Police said they were working to determine the sequence of events that led to the woman’s death.
Most Read Local Stories
- Cruise ship turns back to Seattle after power outage
- Notice a bunny boom? Here are some reasons for the Seattle area's recent rise in rabbits VIEW
- 3 million gallons of untreated sewage spill into Puget Sound, state officials investigating
- Bad omen: Even the Catholics are growing frustrated with Seattle's efforts on homelessness | Danny Westneat
- Interest groups are pouring money into Seattle's City Council elections using no-limit PACs