Marysville police are investigating the suspicious deaths of a 69-year-old woman and her mentally ill 26-year-old grandson.
The woman’s 82-year-old husband called 911 just after 9 a.m. today and reported that his wife and grandson appeared to be dead in his living room, according to a news release issued by police Cmdr. Robb Lamoureux. Officers responded to the home in the 5900 block of 64th Street and found the bodies, the release says.
The grandson, who had mental health issues and was not taking his prescribed medication, recently moved from Florida into his grandparents’ home, according to Lamoureux.
The investigation is in its early stages and Lamoureux said it was too soon to speculate what happened, but he said the deaths were not a result of “a random act of violence” and there is no threat of danger to nearby residents.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic