Police believe she may have been shot, but a medical examiner will determine the cause and manner of death.
A woman died Thursday night outside of a house in South Seattle that doubled as an illegal marijuana grow operation.
She was found outside of a home on the 7100 block of 44th Avenue South, with possible gunshot wounds, according to the Seattle Police Department. Medics attempted CPR, but she had died at the scene.
Investigators entered the house and found a marijuana growing operation as well as signs that someone had tried to break into the home, according to authorities.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding the investigation to call the tip line at 206-233-5000.
Most Read Local Stories
- 4,500 Expedia employees are coming to Interbay in Seattle. How will the company avoid a traffic mess? VIEW
- After 7-year battle, Lake City neighbors rejoice as Lake Washington dead end becomes a public beach
- The inside story of MCAS: How Boeing's 737 MAX system gained power and lost safeguards | Times Watchdog VIEW
- Man in serious condition after shooting on Capitol Hill, officials say
- Who will Washington's next governor be? Uncertainty over Inslee creates pileup of politicians, domino effects down ballot
Cause and manner of death will be determined by the King County Medical Examiner.