YELM, Wash. (AP) — Police say a woman died in Yelm after she burned in a fire.
The Olympian reports that emergency responders were called at about 10:30 a.m. Sunday to a field near Rhoton Road and Quail Meadows Court Southeast.
It’s an area where the homeless are known to camp.
Police Chief Todd Stancil says the woman was thought to be in her 20s or 30s.
Most Read Local Stories
- Detectives say simmering gang war in South King County is behind fatal shooting of an office worker in Burien
- Highway 520 bridge to reopen after closure in both directions due to police activity
- San Francisco is cracking down on tent camps. Will Seattle do the same? VIEW
- State Patrol crackdown on HOV violators snares more than 1,700 drivers in Puget Sound area
- ‘What a mess’: Texts by Seattle mayor, council member shed light on head-tax repeal | Times Watchdog
Investigators are trying to determine whether the incident was accidental or a suicide. Stancil says they don’t know whether the fire was set or she was trying to put it out.
Stancil says there was no indication that it was a homicide.
The woman was thought to have been there for the past three or four days.
Information from: The Olympian, http://www.theolympian.com