YELM, Wash. (AP) — Police say a woman died in Yelm after she burned in a fire.
The Olympian reports that emergency responders were called at about 10:30 a.m. Sunday to a field near Rhoton Road and Quail Meadows Court Southeast.
It’s an area where the homeless are known to camp.
Police Chief Todd Stancil says the woman was thought to be in her 20s or 30s.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘What a mess’: Texts by Seattle mayor, council member shed light on head-tax repeal | Times Watchdog
- Talk about a ‘superload’! Check out what just crawled along Washington highways WATCH
- $46 million complex funded by Paul Allen will house 94 families in South Seattle
- Permanent closure of Alaskan Way Viaduct delayed
- Who would pay a state carbon fee on November ballot, and who gets a pass?
Investigators are trying to determine whether the incident was accidental or a suicide. Stancil says they don’t know whether the fire was set or she was trying to put it out.
Stancil says there was no indication that it was a homicide.
The woman was thought to have been there for the past three or four days.
Information from: The Olympian, http://www.theolympian.com