Multiple agencies and a King County Sheriff's Office helicopter responded to reports that a woman had fallen down a cliff.
A 64-year-old hiker died when she fell on Kendall Katwalk, a feature of a popular trail near Snoqualmie Pass.
Multiple agencies, including Eastside Fire & Rescue, Bellevue Fire Department, Snoqualmie Pass Fire & Rescue and a King County Sheriff’s Office helicopter, responded to reports that a woman had fallen 100 yards down a rocky cliff about 12:30 p.m., according to authorities.
The helicopter, Guardian 2, was unable to reach the woman due to the risk posed by terrain and wind, King County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Sgt. Ryan Abbott said.
“She is quite a ways on that trail, so search and rescue is going to have to get her,” he said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington State Patrol detective violated woman's rights with ruse, hidden cameras, court rules
- Uber and Lyft drop data fight with Seattle, and start another over Sea-Tac Airport data
- Hate crimes skyrocket across the nation, almost double in Seattle over the past year
- Map: Kim Schrier won big in King County suburbs, even in Dino Rossi's neighborhood
- Fire at Gascoigne Lumber on North Queen Anne was arson, Seattle fire officials say