A woman in her 20s was arrested last night after leading police on a long chase in North Seattle and Shoreline before crashing into a light pole.
At 8:27 p.m., a man called 911 to report the woman had stolen his large work truck at First Avenue Northeast and Northeast Northgate Way. A short time later, Seattle police began receiving other 911 calls from citizens reporting the woman was driving the truck with a lift bucket on top erratically around North Seattle.
Officers initiated a chase at North 35th Street and Woodlawn Avenue North, but the woman refused to stop. Police broke off the chase when the woman headed north on Stone Avenue North.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
A King County sheriff’s deputy spotted the woman as she drove into Shoreline. Eventually, the State Patrol joined in the chase and the woman headed back into Seattle.
The woman drove into a store parking lot in the 11700 block of Aurora Avenue North and struck the concrete base of a light pole. She was arrested for investigation of drunken driving, auto theft and felony eluding, and taken to Harborview Medical Center for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries, police say.