A 23-year-old woman at home with a toddler was raped by two armed robbers near Burien Monday night according to the King County Sheriff’s Office.
The two men, armed with guns, encountered the woman’s 23-year-old boyfriend outside of the home in 10800 block of Sixth Avenue South in the Top Hat neighborhood of King County around 8:40 p.m., said Sgt. Cindi West. The men followed him to his door, then pistol-whipped him.
One man then raped the woman at gunpoint as the other ransacked the house. Her 18-month-old son remained asleep throughout the attack, West said.
Detectives said it appears there was no relationship between the victims and the suspects.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park