A woman was arrested in North Seattle last night after police say she tried to drive through barricades and patrol cars blocking Aurora Avenue North during the investigation of an unrelated traffic accident.
Police say that a man who was attempting to cross the highway in the 5900 block of Aurora Avenue North was struck by a car at 9:15 p.m. The man was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries, police said.
While officers were investigating the crash, a woman tried to drive through the scene. The woman struck the rear bumper of a patrol car and tried to pass police at speeds nearing 25 miles per hour. She was arrested for investigation of DUI while her female passenger was arrested for outstanding warrants and investigation of obstruction, police said.
The officer who was sitting in his patrol car when it was struck by the woman was taken to a local hospital and treated for minor injuries.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player