The Associated Press
Winds gusting to 49 mph early Tuesday partially broke the frigate USS Ingraham away from its mooring at Naval Station Everett.
The ship swung about 90 degrees to the dock, but base spokeswoman Kristin Ching told KOMO it did not break free and there was no damage.
The 450-foot ship was secured with the help of a tugboat.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- More fallout from how we're defunding Seattle police backward, this time in Pioneer Square
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair