Sketched April 29, 2015
Jason “Tree Beard” Brian, a 27-year-old who stands six-feet, seven-inches tall, rides a Danish-made bike with the largest front-wheel cargo tray I’ve ever seen. As a full time bike messenger, the contraption is his livelihood. He uses it to carry meals, documents and whatever boxes people need him to haul around the city.
Ever since I sketched “Haulin’ Colin,” I’ve become less skeptical about the usefulness of bikes as means of delivering stuff.
I think the more bicycle-friendly Seattle gets, the more of these cycle couriers we can expect to see out and about.
(Note to the bike community: Keep the nicknames coming. They sure making writing about you guys for fun.)
Extra: I look pretty small next to Brian! Check this photo I posted on Twitter.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle shrinking? Seattleites moved out in droves in 2020, though most didn't go far
- Coronavirus daily news updates, March 6: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- After fierce debate, Washington State Senate approves new tax on capital gains by one vote
- The Seattle area's five most-changed neighborhoods of the decade
- Seattle's surveillance contractor has history of illegal sales, bribery, worrying privacy advocates