The Associated Press
A coyote that had been described as appearing old and ailing has been killed after numerous reports of sightings around Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood.
KING-TV reports that federal wildlife officers killed the animal.
Volunteer Park visitors had reported recently that the coyote was approaching people and dogs and appeared to be ill.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Kent man killed, Cougar football player injured in shooting near WSU campus
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 25: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
KING says there are about 50,000 coyotes in Washington state, many of them living in urban areas.