Here are some holiday closures (and service changes) for the New Year's Day holiday.
Here’s a look at closures and service changes for the New Year’s Day holiday:
• Parking in Seattle is free Tuesday.
• No garbage, food- and yard-waste or recycling collections are scheduled in Seattle on Tuesday. Collections for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be one day later. There also are no collections in Bellevue on Tuesday.
• Metro will operate buses on a Sunday schedule on Tuesday. Details are online: http://metro.kingcounty.gov/up/holiday-service.html
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Kent man killed, Cougar football player injured in shooting near WSU campus
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 25: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
• Post offices and most banks and credit unions will be closed Tuesday.
• Seattle city park hours are unchanged for the holiday, but community centers will be closed Tuesday.
• The Victoria Clipper ferry is increasing its morning departures from Seattle to Victoria, B.C., and adding noon departures Tuesday and Wednesday.