For Memorial Day on May 28, here is a list of what's open and closed as well as special hours for some public services and businesses:
For Memorial Day on May 28, here is a list of what’s open and closed as well as special hours for some public services and businesses:
• Parking on Seattle streets is free.
• Public schools are closed.
• Garbage and recycling pickup schedules in Seattle, Bellevue and many other municipalities are unchanged.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration
• Post offices are closed, and there will be no mail delivery.
• Most banks and credit unions are closed.
• Seattle park hours are unchanged, but community centers and public pools will be closed.
• Most state liquor stores will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. To check hours for a specific store, visit http://liq.wa.gov/stores/find-store.
• Metro bus routes will operate on Sunday schedules.
• Sound Transit Central Link, Tacoma Link light-rail and ST Express buses will operate on Sunday schedules.
• Sounder commuter rail service will not operate on Monday.
• King County Water Taxi will not operate either the Vashon Island or West Seattle routes. The free West Seattle Taxi shuttles — routes 773 and 775 — will operate on Sunday schedules.
• Community Transit service will not operate Monday.
• All locations of the Seattle Public Library and book drops at the Central Library downtown are closed.
• Washington State Ferries: The Anacortes-Sidney BC route, Fauntleroy-Vashon-Southworth route, Seattle-Bremerton route, Edmonds-Kingston route and Port Townsend-Coupeville route will operate on regular schedules. Point Defiance/ Tahlequah routes will run on the weekend schedule. Seattle/ Bainbridge route will operate on its Saturday schedule. The Mukilteo-Clinton route will operate on a Sunday schedule. The Anacortes-San Juan Island route will operate on regular schedules with extra sailing from Orcas to Anacortes at 3:15 p.m. For more information on route schedules, visit http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/.
• Most retailers and grocery stores have regular hours.