Here are the holiday closures (and service changes) for the Christmas and New Year's holidays.
Here are the holiday closures (and service changes) for the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
• Parking in Seattle is free on Christmas (Tuesday) and the next Tuesday, Jan. 1.
• No garbage, food and yard waste or recycling collections are scheduled in Seattle either day. Monday collections will be on schedule. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday collections will be collected one day later. There are no collections in Bellevue on either of the Tuesdays.
• On Monday, Metro will operate a reduced weekday bus service, and on Tuesday and the next Tuesday, Metro will operate buses on a Sunday schedule. Transit also will be on reduced weekday service during the “winter holiday period” Wednesday through Friday. Details are at http://metro.kingcounty.gov/up/holiday-service.html.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- Swinomish tribal members say steelhead net pens violate fishing rights, add their voice to state Supreme Court case
• Washington State Ferries routes for Seattle-Bainbridge, Mukilteo-Clinton, Point Defiance-Tahlequah and Edmonds-Kingston will operate on reduced holiday/weekend schedules this Tuesday.
• Post offices and most banks and credit unions will be closed both Tuesdays, in observance of the federal holidays.
• Some grocery stores are open for limited hours Christmas Day. Call individual stores for details.
• Seattle city park hours are unchanged for the holidays, but community centers will be closed both Tuesdays.
• The Victoria Clipper ferry is increasing its morning departures from Seattle to Victoria, B.C., and adding noon departures for Monday, Friday and Saturday this week and Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week.