According to an AP story, tire socks are made of fabric that you slip over your vehicle’s wheels to get more traction on snow.
State lawmakers have OK’d them for use on our roads. The Scandinavians came up with the idea. Duh. These socks are supposed to be gentler on road surfaces than chains and studs.
Here’s a video clip made in the U.K. which takes a look at one brand of tire sock and how well it performs.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- See the competing Washington legislative maps drawn by Democrats, Republicans
- Swinomish tribal members say steelhead net pens violate fishing rights, add their voice to state Supreme Court case