A couple getting married todayat the Westminster Kennel Club dog show in New York’s Madison Square Garden have another thing to smile about: Their Tibetan mastiff, Major, was judged best of breed at the show this afternoon.
Onlookers cheered Tuesday as Major, a Silver Grand Champion, made his way around the ring with handler Tony Carter, of Kent. He was up against five other Tibetan mastiffs. Check out the results here.
He will now advance to the Working Group competition. The winner of that competition moves on to compete for Best in Show.
Meanwhile, Debbie Parsons, of Graham, and Brad Slayton, of Auburn, will marry at 4:15 p.m. EST in the show’s benching area.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration