Michael Boysen captured: We’re glad that the suspect in the slaying of his grandparents in their Renton home is in custody in an Oregon hospital after a long standoff in Lincoln City, Ore., yesterday. He apparently cut himself. He’s was upgraded from critical to serious condition overnight. What we want to know is why he shot his grandparents. A few people who haven’t owned up to who they are say in emails that they know Boysen and that he wasn’t violent. Well, maybe in another life …
What about those Sounders! In eliminating top-rated Tigres UANL of Mexico last night, the Sounders became the first MLS side to beat a Mexican team in the knockout rounds of the Champions League. The Sounders did it 3-1 at CenturyLink Field before 20,520 fans.
Flood watches and warnings abound in Western Washington this morning: All the rain in the mountains is causing the rivers to swell, and that has brought flood watches to several rivers, including the Snoqualmie. This just gives us another reason to hate the rain.
The poll has expired. Thank you for your submissions.
Most Read Local Stories
- Eye drops recalled after US drug-resistant bacteria outbreak
- WA's low-income tax credit, established in 2008, available for first time
- Beth's Cafe is back in Seattle with its 12-egg omelet
- Spring in Seattle? What's ahead after driest January in decades
- WA cities take stricter approach to shopping cart theft
We know what black smoke means: Cardinals don’t agree on a pope. Are you following the election of a new pope for the Roman Catholic Church? Vote in our poll.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
- Couple slain after party for grandson
- 2 slayings, a motel standoff and then an arrest
- Catherine Giudici: Pushed into ‘Bachelor’ ‘against my will’
- Bold Seahawks make statement with Percy Harvin trade | Jerry Brewer
- Seattle woman gets ring from ‘Bachelor’
Memo light: Dilbert | Scott Adams
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org