The forecast for abnormally warm weather over the long weekend has held.
Sunshine, sunshine and more sunshine.
Seattleites recovering from months of perpetual grayness and drizzle can rejoice in nothing but sunny, blue skies this Memorial Day weekend.
Saturday, Sunday and Monday are looking virtually identical weather-wise, with temperatures expected in the low 80s, according to the National Weather Service.
Tips for hot weather
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Never leave children or pets unattended in cars.
- Apply sunscreen if you are going to be outdoors.
- Stay inside in air-conditioned areas if you are more susceptible to heat.
- How to keep your home cool and comfy when Seattle heats up
- Easy ways to help your pets stay cool in hot weather
- Scorched? 5 tips to stay cool at night during Seattle’s heat wave
- Seattle cooling center locations 2017
Just for funWatch the 360 video of people escaping from the Seattle heat
“It’s going to be a very nice holiday weekend,” said meteorologist Art Gabel early Friday.
Seattle’s streak of good weather days reached double digits Friday. It’s been 10 days since the last measurable rainfall in the Seattle area, Gabel noted.
Once the holiday weekend passes, expect a cooling trend, he said.
“More likely on Tuesday, we’ll be back into the mid- to upper 60s,” Gabel said. “That’s about normal for our area this time of year.”
Weekend events and other things to do: