The Associated Press
Mason, Liam, Alexander, Jacob and Ethan for boys.
Sophia, Olivia, Emma, Isabella and Emily for girls.
Those were the top baby names in Washington last year, according to the Social Security Administration, which compiles the information from applications for Social Security cards.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Washington's mini tornado comes nearly 59 years to the day after Seattle's big one
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Seattle City Council approves requirement for six months' notice of rent increases
Michael Webb in the Seattle office says the baby names in the Northwest pretty much follow the national list released earlier this week. He says parents seem to be inspired by celebrities or grandparents.
Washington has the same top five names for girls as the national list, but in different order.
Second on the state boys’ list, Liam is only 15th most-popular nationwide. Second nationally, Mason is the No. 1 boys’ name in Washington, Idaho, Alaska, and Oregon.