OLYMPIA — Officials say the winner of Washington state’s $157 million Mega Millions lottery jackpot earlier this month has come forward to claim the prize.
Washington Lottery officials say Michael Burkett presented the winning ticket Thursday at lottery offices in Olympia.
Officials say he bought the $5 ticket from a 7-Eleven in West Seattle. The jackpot had been unclaimed since the March 8 drawing.
Burkett chose to receive the winnings in a one-time cash payment option before taxes of $102.8 million, officials said.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative
- Seattle leaders look to push ‘refresh’ button with Amazon for ‘a new relationship’
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- Boeing rivals Airbus, Bombardier join forces on CSeries jet seen as threat to 737
Officials say once he realized he’d won, Burkett bought a gaming computer. They say he’s also eying the purchase of an electric Tesla car.