Video shows bystanders waiting for the girl to jump and when she hesitated, a woman is seen pushing the teen off.
LONGVIEW, Wash. (AP) — A high school student is recovering after being pushed off a bridge at Moulton Falls Regional Park in southern Washington.
Jordan Holgerson’s mother, Genelle, tells the Daily News that the 16-year-old suffered five cracked ribs and internal injuries after falling 60 feet (18 meters) from the bridge Tuesday.
She also hurt her esophagus and trachea and got air trapped in the lining of her lungs.
The mother says they feel lucky that the Kalama student will not have permanent injuries.
Most Read Local Stories
- Three people found dead in Sammamish home WATCH
- 'Nonessential': The federal shutdown's most unusual victim is one of the Northwest's best-kept secrets | Danny Westneat
- How the first two days of post-viaduct commutes unfolded: Early morning traffic jams, then mostly smooth
- Microsoft pledges $500 million to tackle housing crisis in Seattle, Eastside
- Some potential block-by-block changes to Seattle's plan to upzone 27 neighborhoods
A video of the incident shows the teen standing on an open side of the railing in a swimsuit.
Bystanders were waiting for her to jump and when she hesitated, a woman is seen in the video pushing the teen off.
The Clark County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the incident.
Information from: The Daily News, http://www.tdn.com