A Bremerton man has pleaded guilty to the rape and killing of a 6-year-old girl and faces a minimum 40-year sentence.
The Kitsap Sun reports that 21-year-old Gabriel Gaeta pleaded guilty Friday in Kitsap County Superior Court to first-degree murder and first-degree rape in the 2014 death of 6-year-old Jenise Wright.
Authorities arrested Gaeta in August 2014 but in February 2017 he was found incompetent to stand trial. He was medicated at Western State Hospital so he could be returned to a mental state where he could stand trial.
Gaeta is scheduled to be sentenced on May 21.
Most Read Local Stories
- Kshama Sawant recall election is a high-stakes moment for Seattle
- A sea turtle found off Washington's coast, cold and clinging to life, recovers at Seattle Aquarium
- It's been the wettest early fall on record in the Seattle area — and more rain is coming
- Jury awards $7 million to former public defender stalked by client, finds King County liable for hostile work environment
- Coronavirus daily news updates, November 29: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Information from: Kitsap Sun, http://www.kitsapsun.com/