The cost to ride a ferry will be going up in the fall.
The cost to ride a ferry in the Puget Sound will be going up as of Oct. 1.
KCPQ-TV reports the Washington State Transportation Commission voted unanimously Tuesday to raise ferry fares.
Fares will go up 2.5 percent for vehicles and 1 percent for passengers on Oct. 1. At the same time, a surcharge for overheight vehicles that are under 22 feet in length will be eliminated.
In May, another fare increase will go into effect: 2.5 percent for vehicles and 1 percent for passengers.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration