The child was injured sometime during a night when 49-year-old Brad Baxter was visiting to help look after her.
WALLA WALLA, Wash. (AP) — A Washington state man accused of injuring an 8-month-old girl has pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Walla Walla Union-Bulletin reports 49-year-old Brad Baxter entered the not guilty plea Monday to a charge of first-degree child assault.
According to court documents, the Walla Walla man stayed the night at his daughter’s house to help look after the baby on March 31.
The child was injured sometime during the night, resulting in a skull fracture, brain bleed and multiple bruises. She was taken to a Spokane hospital.
Most Read Local Stories
- Daylight saving time: Washington state moving toward an end to the clock change
- 'Shark Tank' star Robert Herjavec owes a debt of gratitude to a homeless shelter in Seattle VIEW
- If you rely on a bus through downtown, prepare for big changes
- Tim Eyman, accused of stealing office chair, films himself bringing it back WATCH
- Alaska and United are cleared for departure out of Everett's Paine Field in March
Baxter is out of jail on his own recognizance, but he is required to check in weekly with his attorney, not leave Walla Walla County and not contact the victims.
His trial is scheduled for February.
Information from: Walla Walla Union-Bulletin, http://www.union-bulletin.com