The child was injured sometime during a night when 49-year-old Brad Baxter was visiting to help look after her.
WALLA WALLA, Wash. (AP) — A Washington state man accused of injuring an 8-month-old girl has pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Walla Walla Union-Bulletin reports 49-year-old Brad Baxter entered the not guilty plea Monday to a charge of first-degree child assault.
According to court documents, the Walla Walla man stayed the night at his daughter’s house to help look after the baby on March 31.
The child was injured sometime during the night, resulting in a skull fracture, brain bleed and multiple bruises. She was taken to a Spokane hospital.
Most Read Local Stories
- Dallas-bound flight returns to Seattle after human heart was left onboard
- More effective than condoms? Seattle-area couples test new birth control for men
- Whose stadium is it? They tell us it's ours, only not when it comes to selling the big money name | Danny Westneat
- Teen in police custody after report of gun at Issaquah High School
- Traffic in Seattle, 2017: Fewer cars, bicyclists and walkers; more transit riders and carpoolers
Baxter is out of jail on his own recognizance, but he is required to check in weekly with his attorney, not leave Walla Walla County and not contact the victims.
His trial is scheduled for February.
Information from: Walla Walla Union-Bulletin, http://www.union-bulletin.com