The child was injured sometime during a night when 49-year-old Brad Baxter was visiting to help look after her.
WALLA WALLA, Wash. (AP) — A Washington state man accused of injuring an 8-month-old girl has pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Walla Walla Union-Bulletin reports 49-year-old Brad Baxter entered the not guilty plea Monday to a charge of first-degree child assault.
According to court documents, the Walla Walla man stayed the night at his daughter’s house to help look after the baby on March 31.
The child was injured sometime during the night, resulting in a skull fracture, brain bleed and multiple bruises. She was taken to a Spokane hospital.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Sorry for what happened to Mr. Gray': DSHS to pay $8M after neighbors' pleas to help vulnerable Seattle man brought no action
- Low snowpack, hot spring lead to drought declaration for nearly half of Washington state
- Ron & Don Nation, rejoice! Popular radio personalities turn to podcast and real estate
- West Seattle man sentenced to 25 years for raping woman who suffered a stroke after car crash
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
Baxter is out of jail on his own recognizance, but he is required to check in weekly with his attorney, not leave Walla Walla County and not contact the victims.
His trial is scheduled for February.
Information from: Walla Walla Union-Bulletin, http://www.union-bulletin.com