Investigators have recovered video showing a flammable object being thrown through the window of a Planned Parenthood clinic in Washington state before a fire broke out Friday.
PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) — Investigators have recovered video showing a flammable object being thrown through the window of a Planned Parenthood clinic in Washington state before a fire broke out Friday.
Pullman police spokesman Cmdr. Chris Tennant says the video shows the inside of the building as the object was thrown through the window. He declined to describe the object.
No one was injured in Friday’s fire, which was determined to be arson. It started around 3:30 a.m. in the college town of Pullman near the Idaho border.
The Spokesman Review says (http://is.gd/hSgbLM ) a federal terrorism task force is investigating along with Pullman police and fire investigators.
Most Read Local Stories
- Homelessness divided a small Western Washington town. And then the fighting started.
- Police release video of suspect in deadly Westlake Station shooting
- As Bering Sea ice melts, Alaskans, scientists and Seattle's fishing fleet witness changes 'on a massive scale' VIEW
- Light rail hit by another violent incident with Westlake gunman still at large; police release video
- Police had a citizen set up a sting to buy back his stolen stuff. Then, they didn't show up. | Danny Westneat
Planned Parenthood spokeswoman Tanya Riordan said the damage will keep the center closed longer than anticipated. The organization hopes to have a temporary location identified soon.
Police said Thursday a $10,000 reward is being offered by the Arson Alarm Foundation and NW Insurance Council for information in the case.
Information from: The Spokesman-Review, http://www.spokesman.com