The 83-year-old man rushed to Harborview Medical Center last night after a fire at a home in Seattle’s Crown Hill neighborhood died early this morning, according to the Seattle Fire Department.
Firefighters initially thought no one was inside the home at the 8500 block of 12th Avenue Northwest when it caught fire just before 10 p.m., but then found Alvin Walker unconscious in a bathroom, according to emergency scanner traffic. He had no pulse, and his airways were blackened from smoke inhalation.
The Walker was found 17 minutes after firefighters knocked down the blaze that engulfed the front of the one-story home from basement to attic, said Lt. Sue Stangl.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
Investigators said the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction. Damage is estimated at $300,000.