Sounds like this bicycle thief picked the wrong victim.
On Feb. 5., a Seattle man reported that his expensive bicycle was stolen from his home in the 1100 block of 21st Avenue South.
On Saturday, the victim alerted police that he had spotted an online ad posted by someone who was offering to sell the stolen bicycle. The victim replied to the ad and arranged to meet the seller at 12th Avenue South and South Jackson Street.
The victim, accompanied by police, went to meet the seller. The 17-year-old suspect was promptly arrested. The bicycle was recovered and returned to the owner, police said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Valuable crab populations are in a 'very scary' decline in warming Bering Sea
- Seattle's COVID eviction moratorium extended into January 2022