For your holiday planning ...
Here’s a list of what’s open and closed Friday and Saturday in observance of Veterans Day on Saturday:
• In Seattle, parking is free on Friday and Saturday.
• Garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling will be picked up on the regular schedule.
• Most major banks and credit unions are closed Friday.
Most Read Local Stories
- The professor, the cop and the student: A tale of sex and deception in San Juan County
- 'Offended' Seattle U professor admits taking copies of student newspaper after it published photo of performer in drag
- Is this the future of Seattle transit? A look at Vancouver, B.C. — a city that figured it out years ago
- WSDOT apologizes for 'inappropriate message' on traffic sign
- 8 months after farmed-fish escape, lively Atlantic salmon caught 40 miles upriver
• All post offices are closed Saturday.
• Many Seattle Parks and Recreation facilities will be closed Friday. However, some centers and programs will be open Saturday.
• On Friday, King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on a reduced weekday schedule, with reduced UW service. Customer service is closed. On Saturday, Metro Transit is operating on its regular Saturday schedule.
• Community, Sound and Everett transit buses are operating on a regular weekday schedule Friday.
• Pierce Transit buses and shuttles are operating on a weekday schedule Friday.
• Kitsap Transit will operate regular weekday service with limited service to PSNS on Friday.
• The Washington State Ferries system is operating on a regular schedule.