For your holiday planning ...
Here’s a list of what’s open and closed Friday and Saturday in observance of Veterans Day on Saturday:
• In Seattle, parking is free on Friday and Saturday.
• Garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling will be picked up on the regular schedule.
• Most major banks and credit unions are closed Friday.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle homeless camp that allows alcohol, drug use is losing its management as tensions escalate VIEW
- ‘The Property’: A family's getaway cabin defined its dreams, until a tragic Sunday morning VIEW
- Wolf spider is autumn’s most frightening home intruder
- Canada is about to legalize cannabis; here’s what you need to know VIEW
- Meet the UW professor who just killed the death penalty | Danny Westneat
• All post offices are closed Saturday.
• Many Seattle Parks and Recreation facilities will be closed Friday. However, some centers and programs will be open Saturday.
• On Friday, King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on a reduced weekday schedule, with reduced UW service. Customer service is closed. On Saturday, Metro Transit is operating on its regular Saturday schedule.
• Community, Sound and Everett transit buses are operating on a regular weekday schedule Friday.
• Pierce Transit buses and shuttles are operating on a weekday schedule Friday.
• Kitsap Transit will operate regular weekday service with limited service to PSNS on Friday.
• The Washington State Ferries system is operating on a regular schedule.