Tukwila police are searching for the gunman who killed a 19-year-old woman last night.
The woman was riding her a car with a man believed to be her boyfriend near Tukwila International Boulevard and South 116th Street when a car pulled up and opened fire into the passenger side of the vehicle were the woman was seated. The woman was reportedly shot in the head.
“We don’t know who the target was since we don’t know who the shooters were. They only hit her,” said police spokesman Mike Murphy.
Murphy said the man driving with the victim then headed north on Interstate 5 in search of a hospital. Because the car was being driven so erratically, police pulled it over. Medics transported the woman to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where she was pronounced dead.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
Police questioned the driver and released him, Murphy said.